Respected Iowa Law Firm Fights for Rights of Injured Workers
Cedar Rapids attorneys use more than 100 combined years of experience to win justice and compensation for clients
Rush & Nicholson, P.L.C. is a well-known Iowa law firm representing clients in workers’ compensation, personal injury, Social Security disability and labor and employment law cases. From our Cedar Rapids office, we serve Eastern Iowa, including Dubuque, Waterloo, Cedar Rapids and Iowa City. We also serve clients outside of Iowa such as over-the-road truckers whose legal issues are governed by Iowa law. If you have suffered an on-the-job injury or are overwhelmed with medical bills following a car accident, or if you are too ill to work and have been denied Social Security disability benefits, Rush & Nicholson is qualified to take your case and win.
Attorneys at Rush & Nicholson have more than 100 combined years of experience with particular concentration on workers’ injuries. We have earned the respect of clients and peers for our thorough knowledge and leadership in this area of practice, and for fighting and winning such cases in the Iowa Supreme Court. Attorneys Bob Rush and William G. Nicholson are fellows in the Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers, and each has earned placement on the Best Lawyers® listing. Additionally, they have been recognized by their peers with the AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for their high ethical standards and professional abilities. Our superior legal representation is matched by compassion for the injured clients we represent and commitment to the community in which we practice. Clients can expect the following when engaging with us:
- Focused knowledge — Rush & Nicholson is a leading Iowa workers’ injury law firm, with more workers' injury clients than any other firm in Eastern Iowa. Bob Rush is a fellow in the College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers and our firm has earned a U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” ranking for our practice in workers' injury and personal injury law. Our clients come to us through referrals from coworkers and unions for whom we have delivered results. Concentrating in workers' injury and personal injury law, we have an extensive file of case histories to draw on to identify strategies for current clients.
- Superior service — You receive personal attention throughout your case. We inform you about strategy development and the progress we are making on your case. We are responsive and accessible, returning calls and emails promptly. We also speak Spanish to accommodate non-English-speaking clients.
- Compassion — At Rush & Nicholson, we derive great satisfaction from helping injured people get a fair shake through just verdicts and compensation. We understand that we are seeing our clients during some of the worst times in their lives, so we build a relationship with you as we build your case. We offer a free initial consultation and operate on a contingent fee basis, meaning you pay no fees until we achieve a settlement or verdict in your favor.
- Commitment to the community — Our attorneys are active at state and local levels in Iowa and have strong roots in the communities we serve. Bob Rush is a former Iowa state senator and contributes his time and talent to many civic and professional organizations. William G. Nicholson is a past president of the Linn County Bar Association and has served on various nonprofit agency boards. Gary Nelson has taught at colleges and high schools and is a licensed local pastor in the United Methodist Church. Nate Willems is a former member of the Iowa House of Representatives. Cory Luedeman is a member of several community-based nonprofit groups. Jennifer Terry is a volunteer for multiple community support programs.
Areas of practice
- Workers’ compensation — We advise clients on how to evaluate and present their injuries and related expenses when the insurance company requests proposal of a settlement. Clients frequently come to us for denied or delayed claims, or when they are dissatisfied with their medical care.
- Personal injury — Clients come to us for serious injuries resulting from car, truck and motorcycle collisions and other injuries. We advise them on how to deal with insurance companies and adjusters and about options to get medical bills paid as soon as possible.
- Social Security disability (SSD) — At Rush & Nicholson, we explain the confusing requirements for SSD and SSI eligibility, including duration of disability, age and work history, and we walk you through the process for collecting benefits.
- Labor and employment law — Our lawyers provide assistance in mediation, arbitration and litigation of disputes. We fully understand the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and advocate for employees’ rights when these laws are violated.
Contact a trusted Iowa workers’ injury law firm for a free consultation
Call Rush & Nicholson, P.L.C. at 319.363.5209 or contact us online for a free initial consultation on the facts of your case. We have the experience to get your life back on track by achieving a just outcome to your case.