Bob Rush is a Cedar Rapids attorney who represents individuals who have suffered work place and personal injuries. Mr. Rush is admitted to practice in all Iowa courts, the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa, the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals and the U. S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Rush graduated from Northwestern University and received his law degree from the University of Iowa College of Law. He has additional study at George Washington University Graduate School of Public Administration and Northwestern University School of Law
He served in Washington, D.C. as a trial attorney with the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division and as a special assistant U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia. He is a former Iowa State Senator. Mr. Rush has written and frequently lectured about personal injury and workers’ rights under the law.
ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
Mr. Rush is a Fellow of the Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers, a member of the American Trial Lawyers Association and a member of the American Bar Association, the Iowa State Bar Association, and the Linn County Bar Association. His involvement includes:
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the specialty of Workers' Compensation Law
- Iowa State Bar Association Workers' Compensation Council, Chair 2006-
- Work Place Injury Litigation Group (WILG), Board of Directors
- Iowa Association of Workers' Compensation Lawyers, Inc., Board of Directors
- Iowa Trial Lawyers Association, Workers' Compensation Section, Core Group
- Iowa State Senator, 1976-1982; Assistant Democratic Leader, 1980-1982
- Iowa Campaign Finance Disclosure Commission; appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate, Commissioner and Chairperson
- Governor's Task Force on Campaign Finance Reform; gubernatorial appointment to bipartisan panel
- Reform Committee on Government Ethics and Policies; appointed by Speaker of the House and President of the Senate. Bipartisan panel undertook comprehensive review of practice and procedures and proposed legislative reforms.
- Justice for All PAC, Trustee
- Linn Phoenix Club, Co-Founder and Chair
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Iowa and Blue Cross of South Dakota, past member of Board of Directors
- Grant Wood Chapter American Red Cross, past member of Board of Directors
- American Civil Liberties Union of Iowa, Board of Directors
- United Way of East Central Iowa, past member, budget review panel